Events Manager Setup Guide
This setup guide will run through a typical setup of the Events extension from start to finish.
The Events extension lets you add event management features to your directory. Here is a brief summary of what it has to offer:
- Recurring events wherein you can add events once and automatically populate the directory with recurring listings.
- Advanced Filtering options to sort and filter events as required.
- Multiple Events CPTs, so you are not limited by just one Event post type for your events.
- Price Specific Features if used alongside Pricing Manager extension. For instance, you can add event management features for paid listings only.
- Custom Event Calendar view for a detailed summary of all past and future events.
For a full list of features see the Events extension product page.
The first step if you haven't already, is to install the Events extension for GeoDirectory plugin. This can be done by following our guides on how to install an extension.
Step 1 - Settings
Once installed and activated, you can find the Events settings at GeoDirectory > Settings > Events.
The Events extension comes with sane defaults meaning the default settings will work for the majority of users, however, there are many customizations that can be done via the settings, for a full explanation of what all the settings do please see our settings overview.
Step 2 - Events CPT
Once the Events extension is installed and activated, it adds a custom post type "Events" that comes with event-centric fields and features. For instance, you can specify date and time as well as recurring schedule for your events added via the Events CPT.
In addition to that, you may also set any CPT as an Events CPT, thereby adding event-centric features to it. Read more about setting CPTs as Events CPTs.
Step 3 - Custom Widgets
All Widgets come as Widgets, Shortcodes or Blocks. Learn more about our Super Duper Widgets.
The three major widgets included in the extension are: