GD > Events Calendar
All Widgets come as Widgets, Shortcodes or Blocks. Learn more about our Super Duper Widgets.
The Events Calendar displays a calendar for the Events post types. It works with the Events CPT provided by the Events Manager extension, as well as any other CPT that you might assign as an Events CPT.
In order to use the Events Calendar, you need to have the Events extension installed and activated.
How it Works?
Events Calendar provides one Super Duper widget -- that can be used as a widget, shortcode or block. You can choose to use any Events CPT with the Events Calendar, as well as customize its features or options such as the start day of the week in month-view.
The widget can integrate with Location Filter (if Location Manager extension is installed and activated). If the Location Filter is enabled, only the events for a specific location will be shown.
- Title - The title for the widget.
- Default Post Type (A) - Select the post type that is to be filtered and shown on the calendar. By default, it is Events CPT, but if you have other CPTs assigned as Events CPTs, you can select them here as the default one. Regardless of your selection, users can use the dropdown to filter posts for any Events CPT on the frontend.
- Week Start Day (A) - Choose the starting day of the week.
- Start Day (A) - Choose how the starting day is displayed on the frontend. You may choose to show the full name of the day, such as "Sunday" and "Monday", or just the first one, two or three letters, such as "Sun" and "Mon" or "S" and "M".
- Use Current Viewing Post Type? (Checkbox) (A) - If checked, the current viewing post type will be used to filter the calendar.
- Enable Location Filter? (Checkbox) (A) - If checked, the Location Filter support will be enabled.
- Show/Hide Options - Choose where the widget should be shown. You can choose to display it:
- Only on GeoDirectory pages,
- Only on specific pages,
- Everywhere excluding certain specific pages.
Default output of the Events Calendar widget: