Pricing Manager Setup Guide
This setup guide will run through a typical setup of the Pricing Manager extension from start to finish.
The Pricing Manager extension allows you to monetize your directory via a pay per listing business model. Some of its major features include:
- Support for Recurring Payments
- Ability to add Trial Period to your packages
- Unlimited pricing packages with no restrictions
- Enhanced listings support, such that the free package has limited features, whereas the premium or featured ones have more.
For a full list of features see the Pricing Manager product page.
The first step if you haven't already, is to install the Pricing Manager extension. This can be done by following our guides on how to install an extension.
Step 1 - Settings
Once installed and activated, you can find the Pricing Manager settings at GeoDirectory > Settings > Pricing.
Pricing Manager comes with sane defaults meaning the default settings will work for the majority of users, however, there are many customizations that can be done via the settings, for a full explanation of what all the settings do please see the Settings Overview.
Step 2 - Cart Selection
You can choose either of the options. Here is a brief run-down:
- Invoicing - This is a free WordPress plugin that offers a wide range of features, including integration with several payment gateways, VAT MOSS compliance, and more. Invoicing offers tight integration with GeoDirectory and Pricing Manager extension, and is the recommended choice for Cart Management.
- WooCommerce - You may also choose to use WooCommerce for handling payments. While not the recommended course of action, it can be an ideal choice if you already have a WooCommerce store attached to your site.
Once you have installed and activated either Invoicing or WooCommerce, you need to navigate to GD > Settings > Pricing and specify the active plugin as the Cart choice therein.
Step 3 - Adding a New Package
Now that you have finished setting up the Pricing Manager extension, you need to start adding new pricing packages.
Pricing Manager offers unlimited packages for each CPT. Thus, you need to add packages not for the entire directory, but for every CPT separately.