How do recurring price packages work?
With the Pricing Manager extension, you can create price packages that generate automatic payments for a set period.
- You can create price packages with regular payments for a set or unlimited period of time, for example:
- $10 every month for the next 12 months
- $100 every year until the subscription is canceled
- When a user submits a listing using a recurring package, the user agrees with the gateway (for example PayPal or Stripe) that the gateway can make automatic payments based on the package you created.
- The gateway will now make the payments automatically based on the agreed schedule.
- The user or you can cancel the agreement anytime.
- Payments can fail if the user does not have enough money in the account of the gateway, or a connected credit card has expired.
- The gateway and your website communicate the payments or failed payments automatically.
Agreements between your users and the gateway have to be set up by submitting a listing from the frontend of your website.
You cannot create subscriptions on behalf of your users, it is the user that has to agree with the gateway.
Some gateways cannot be used with recurring packages.
You cannot use the Test Payment option because it is not a real gateway.