GeoTravel installation and first steps
It is recommended to install and activate your theme before setting up the GeoDirectory plugin.
The GeoTravel theme is a child theme for the Genesis Framework.
GeoTravel installation and activation
- Install the Genesis Framework theme but do not activate.
- Install and activate the GeoDirectory plugin.
- Then go to GeoDirectory,
- and then Extensions
- and then the Themes tab.
- Select the Geo Travel - Genesis Child theme,
- and install, and then activate the theme.
Setting up the homepage
- Create a WordPress page at Pages > Add New.
- Select that page as the Homepage at Settings > Reading:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and you will see 5 Home page widgets: Home Featured Left, Home Featured Right, Home Top, Home Middle and Home Bottom.
- To set the Home Background image in the background of homepage, go to Appearance > Customizer > Home Background. An image of 1600 x 870 is recommended.