Settings Overview for Locations > Countries
This is the settings overview for Locations > Countries page.
You need to have the Location Manager extension installed and activated to access these settings.
This page lists all the countries that have been added to your directory, much like WordPress lists all posts and pages that you may have created. The table provides information about each country, as below:
- Country - Shows the country name.
- Slug - Shows the permalink slug of the country.
- Country after translation - Shows the name of the country after importing the translations.
- Slug after translation - Shows the slug of the country after importing the translations.
- Image - Shows the country image, if any.
- Regions - Shows the number of regions added to that country.
- Cities - Shows the number of cities added to that country.
- Listings - Shows the number of listings added to that country.
- Edit Button - You can use the Edit icon on the far right to edit meta data and other info about the countries.
You can translate the countries via .po file and then upload the .mo file to your server. See How to Translate GeoDirectory.
Once you have uploaded the .mo files, tick the countries you translated. Select the "Translate" option from the Bulk Actions dropdown, and click the Apply button. This will translate country slug in URL.
Editing a Country
- The Edit Button is at the extreme-right of the Countries list.
- Upon clicking the Edit Button, you can edit details such as meta title, meta description, location description, featured image and image tagline.
General meta information for all locations can be set under GD > Settings > Titles & Meta, here you can specify unique info for the location.