Settings Overview for Locations > Add Location
This is the settings overview for Locations > Add Location.
You need to have the Location Manager extension installed and activated to access these settings.
You do not need to add locations manually, they are automatically added when users add listings. If you want to limit your directory to specific locations only then you might want to pre add them here.
The simplest way to add a new location is to simply drag the map marker to the center of the city you want to add, this will automatically fill out all the correct location information.
- City - Specify the location's city name.
- Region - Specify the region name.
- Country - Specify the country name.
- Set Address on Map (Button) - Sets the above-entered city, region and country details on the map pointer (shown right under the button on this page).
- Latitude - Specify the location latitude (auto-filled after clicking "Set Address on Map" button or dragging the map marker).
- Longitude - Specify the location longitude (auto-filled after clicking "Set Address on Map" button or dragging the map marker).
- Meta Title - Specify the meta title for the location (SEO).
General meta information for all locations can be set under GD > Settings > Titles & Meta, here you can specify unique info for the location.
- Meta Description - Specify the meta description for the location (SEO).
- Location Description - Specify the location description (this can be displayed using our GD > Location Description widget and is best shown on the locations page).
- Featured Image - Add a featured image for the location (this can be used by theme developers and is used in our Supreme and Whoop themes).
- Image Tagline - Add a tagline to the featured image (this can be used by theme developers and is used in our Supreme and Whoop themes)..