Settings Overview for Locations > Settings
This is the Settings overview page for Locations > Settings.
You need to have the Location Manager extension installed and activated to access these settings.
These settings determine how some links behave on pages that are filtered by location. A location page is a URL that has a location added to it, such as /places/united-states/california/san-francisco/
- Home page should go to - This determines where the homepage links go when on a page filtered by location, to the root of the site or to the specific location page for the current location being viewed.
- Archive URLs (A) - This sets if archive links, when on a page filtered by location should include the current location or go to the root archive page (removing the set location).
- Archive URLs on details page (A) - This determines if archive links on the single/details pages will include the location of the listing or not.
By default users can add listings anywhere in the world, you can use these settings to limit where exactly listings can be added. You can limit to single or multiple Countries, Regions or Cities.
locations you are limiting to
must be in your database first, you can
quickly achieve this using one of the following ways:
- GD > Settings > Locations > Add Location.
- Add a listing and move the marker to each city you want to add and click Save.
- Import listings via CSV that include the cities and locations you want to add.
- Country - You can choose to enable just the default country (disables the country-selection on the location switcher), multi countries or selected countries.
- Region - You can choose to enable just the default region (disables the region-selection on the location switcher), multi regions or selected regions.
- City - You can choose to enable just the default city (disables the city-selection on the location switcher), multi cities or selected cities.
- Enable Neighborhoods - Enables neighborhood options, if selected.
Add Listing Form
- Disable Address Autocomplete - Stops the address suggestions when typing in address box on add listing page.
- Show All Locations in Dropdown? (A) - You can choose to show all the locations in the dropdown (can break things if you have too many locations -- use with caution on smaller sites only).
- Disable set address on map from changing address fields (A) - In rare cases, Google API may not be able to pinpoint the exact address for your location, or you may have custom locations, and this feature can help. However, for most users, it is not recommended to turn this option on.
- Disable move map pin from changing address fields (A) - Disables the move map pin from changing address fields. In rare cases, Google API may not be able to pinpoint the exact address for your location, or you may have custom locations and this feature can prove useful. However, it is not recommended to turn this option on.
- Load More LImit (A) - Set the number of locations that should be loaded by default when the Location Switcher shortcode is used.
- Enable Location Search Autocompleter - Enables autocomplete suggestions for location search.
- Min characters needed to trigger location autocomplete - Specifies the number of characters the user needs to type before autocomplete suggestions are shown.
- DIsable Nearest Cities? - In location switcher and search form first time focus to location search input shows nearest city results based on user IP. This options disables that.
- Disable Term Autocount? - Auto-term counts can slow things down on shared hosting. You can disable that here. Read more about this feature on this page (add link to new doc).