How to set up Social Importer for Google My Business for GeoDirectory
Set up Google My Business (GMB) integration for the GeoDirectory Social Importer to allow your business listing owners with a GMB account to import details on listing creation and sync details on listing updates.
To set up the GMB integration you will need the GeoDirectory Social Importer Addon from GeoDirectory which also includes integrations for Yelp and TripAdvisor.
Before you get started with the integration with GeoDirectory you will need your own GMB account. Head over to https://www.google.com/business/ and set up the place listing for your directory. Your place listing should be about your business which can also include a link to your directory site. As the site owner you will have the additional ability to post activity updates to your GMB listing.
1. Register and Login to Google for Business here https://www.google.com/business/
2. Create your business listing, edit the details, and complete any verification activities required.
3. In another browser tab, stay logged in to GMB
4. In your main browser tab, open the Social Importer setting on your site: WP Admin - > GeoDirectory - Settings - Social Importer - Google My Business
5. Press the 'Connect to Google My Business' button.
6. Follow the prompts to configure the connection. Be sure to allow for posting if you want to post updates back to your GMB place account.
7. Capture the auth code and fill it in the settings, then save them settings.
Social Importer Settings
GMB App Connect
Connect - Click this button while logged in to GMB in the same browser to integrate the GeoDirectory Social Import for GMB on your site with the GMB App. Do make sure you are logged in to GMB before pressing this button for the easiest experience.
Auth Code - During the logged in connection you will receive an auth code that you can enter here. This verifies the connection. To disconnect in the future, simply remove the auth code and save the settings.
Import GMB Location
CPTs to Import from GMB - select which CPTs can use the frontend add listing form to connect to GMB. Your business directory may have only one CPT that is for business or place listings, and you can select that CPT here in this setting.
Post To GMB Location
CPTs to Post to GMB - select which CPTs should be posted to your directory GMB location. This feature will post updates about new listings to your GMB place account. Select which CPTs should be posted here.
Auto-Post to GMB - turn this on to auto-post any new listings to your GMB account. Even if you leave this off you can still use the 'Post to GMB' button that will be added to all GD Listing types, accessible through the backend editor for any GD Listing.