GD > Map
All Widgets come as Widgets, Shortcodes or Blocks. Learn more about our Super Duper Widgets.
The Map widget is one of the most useful widgets in GeoDirectory. The map widget can be used anywhere on a site as well as being used on Archive and single pages.
The Map Widget uses the WordPress API for better performance. If your API is disabled Maps will not work.
Some settings for this widget are advanced settings, reveal them by clicking the button next to save.
- Title - The title for the widget.
- Width - This is the width of the map, you can use % or px here (static map requires px value). The default is 100%.
- Height - This is the height of the map, you can use %, px or vh here (static map requires px value).
- Mapview - This is the map view type, road map, satellite map, hybrid map or terrain map.
- Zoom level - This is the zoom level of the map, auto is recommended.
- Map type - This is the type of map to show, auto can be used in a sidebar and will detect the page type to show the correct map type.
- Auto - Set the map type depending on the page type. Good to use in a sidebar that is used on many page types.
- Directory Map - This map type is not dependent on page type and can be used anywhere to show any listings.
- Archive Map - This map is shown on archive page types, it will show the current listings from the listing results.
- Post Map - This map shows on a single listing page type, it shows the single location for the currently viewing listing.
- Filter by tags - Insert separate tags with commas to filter listings by tags. ( On non-GD pages use css .geodir-listings or id(ex: #gd_listings-2) of the listings widget/shortcode to show markers on map. )
- Default Post Type - (directory map specific) The custom post type to show by default.
- Category restrictions - (directory map specific) Enter a comma-separated list of category ids (1,2,3) to limit the listing to these categories only, or a negative list (-1,-2,-3) to exclude those categories.
- Tick/Untick Categories on Map - (directory map specific) Enter a comma-separated list of category ids (2,3) to tick by default these categories only, or a negative list (-2,-3) to untick those categories by default on the map. Leave blank to tick all categories by default.
- Filter by tags - (directory map specific) Insert separate tags with commas to filter listings by tags. (On non-GD pages use css .geodir-listings or id(ex: #gd_listings-2) of the listings widget/shortcode to show markers on map. )
- Enable search filter - Enable a search box on the map where users can search for individual listings.
- Enable post type filter - Shows a CPT selector at the bottom of the map. This only shows if you have more than one custom post type with listings, CPTs can be added by the Events or the Custom Post Types extensions.
- Enable category filter - (directory map specific) Shows a category selection that can be ticked or un-ticked to show specific categories on the map.
- Collapse subcategories - (directory map specific) This will initially hide subcategories that can be toggled to show later.
- Show all posts (A) - (archive map specific) This will show all listings on the map relevant to the search criteria, custom post type or category, even if the page is only set to show a smaller number of listings.
- Enable mouse scroll zoom - Lets the map be scrolled with the mouse scroll wheel.
- Enable sticky map - When in the sidebar this will attempt to make it stick when scrolling on desktop.
- Enable static map - FOR POST MAP ONLY When enabled this will try to load a static map image.