GD > Listings
All Widgets come as Widgets, Shortcodes or Blocks. Learn more about our Super Duper Widgets.
The Listings widget is very much like the standard archive pages output such as categories, with the benefit that you can filter it to how you wish.
Some settings for this widget are advanced settings, reveal them by clicking the button next to save.
- Title - The title for the widget.
- Default Post Type - This is the default CPT to use, core only has Places but Extensions can add different ones.
- Categories - Filter to specific categories or show all.
- Linked Posts - Shows the linked posts for the selected CPT.
- Filter listings related to - This is specific to the single listing page, it can filter the results relative to the main posts categories, tags or main category only.
- Filter by tags - A comma-separated list of tags to filter the listings by.
- Filter by author - Filter by current_user, current_author or ID (default = unfiltered).
- current_user - Filters the listings by author id of the logged-in user.
- current_author - Filters the listings by author id of current viewing post/listing.
- 11 - Filters the listings by author id = 11.
- Leave blank to show posts from all authors.
- Posts to show - The maximum number of posts to show.
- Posts IDs - Enter a comma-separated list of post ids (1,2,3) to limit the listing to these posts only, or a negative list (-1,-2,-3) to exclude those post IDs (negative and positive IDs can not be mixed).
- Enable location filter - If enabled this will filter the listings shown to the current location in the URL.
- Show featured only - Limit listings to those who have the custom field "featured" set as true.
- You do not need to create a new CPT for Featured Listings. You can simply specify a "Featured" field for any CPT.
- Only show listings with special offers - Limit listings to those that have special offers.
- Only show listings with pictures - Limit listings to those that have images uploaded.
- Only show listings with videos - Limit listings to those that have videos entered.
- Show favorited by user - Limit listings to those favorited by the user identified in the setting below.
- Favorited by user- Display listings favorited by current_user, current_author or ID (default = unfiltered).
- current_user - Display listings favorited by author id of the logged-in user.
- current_author - Display listings favorited by author id of current viewing post/listing.
- 11 - Display listings favorited author id = 11.
- Leave blank to show listings favorited by the logged-in user
- Use current viewing post type - If selected this will use the current viewing CPT from the URL.
- Sort by - Select how the listings should be sorted. There are several standard sort options such as A-Z, Latest, Highest Rated etc.. Any custom sort option you create will also be available here.
- Title tag - This is the HTML title tag used by the listings. The default is h3, though if the content is the main content of the page you may want to set it to h2.
- Layout - This will set the default layout for the listings. You can have Grid view 1,2,3,4,5 or list view.
- Show view all link - This will display (where possible) a view all link at the bottom of the output that will link to the standard page where all the listings of the type selected can be viewed.
- Show pagination - This enables pagination options, it must be used in conjunction with the options below.
- Show pagination on top of the listings - This will show AJAX paging option at the top of the widget output.
- Show pagination at bottom of the listings - This will show AJAX paging option at the bottom of the widget output.
- Show advance pagination info - This will output specific information about the number of listings either before or after the pagination. E.g: Showing Places 1-5 of 30
- Hide widget if no posts - This will hide the widget completely if no posts are found, otherwise a message will show stating that no posts were found with a link asking the user if they would like to add a listing.
The design shown in the below examples is the default, every aspect can be changed via the page template.
Grid 3 output: