Settings Overview for Post Type (CPT) > Settings > General
Here is a summary of all the options that are available when adding a new post type.
You will need to install and activate the Custom Post Types extension in order to access this feature.
Add Post Type
- Post Type - CPT post type name.
- Slug - CPT slug. Maximum 20 characters; minimum 2. Lowercase alphanumeric characters or hyphens only.
- Order in Post Type List (A) - Position at which this post type will appear in post type list everywhere on the website.
- Default Image (A) - Default image for the CPT (if the listing has no image).
- Menu Icon (A) - Select the menu icon for the CPT.
- Disable Comments (A) - Disables the comments feature for this CPT.
- Disable Ratings (A) - Disables the ratings feature for this CPT.
- Single Review (A) - Prevents users from leaving more than one review.
- Disable Favorites (A) - Disables the favorites option for this CPT.
- Disable Frontend Add (A) - Prevents the CPT to be added from the frontend.
- Disable Physical Location? (A) - Disables all fields related to geographic position/physical location.
* Note that this will remove all location data from the CPT permanently.
* This option is only available if the Location Manager is active.
- Authors Posts (A) - Select the visibility of the authors posts on the authors posts URL.
- Authors Favorites (A) - Select the visibility of the authors favorites posts on the authors favorites URL.
- Name - General name for the post type, Usually Plural.
- Singular Name - Name for one object of this post type. Defaults to value of name.
- Add New (A) - The add new text. The default is Add New for both hierarchical and non-hierarchical types.
- Add New Item (A) - The add new item text. Default is Add New Post/Add New Page.
- Edit Item (A) - The edit item text. Default is Edit Post/Edit Page.
- New Item (A) - The new item text. Default is New Post/New Page.
- View Item (A) - The view item text. Default is View Post/View Page.
- Search Items (A) - The search items text. Default is Search Posts/Search Pages.
- Not Found (A) - The not found text. Default is No posts found/No pages found.
- Not Found in Trash (A) - The not found in trash text. Default is No posts found in Trash/No pages found in Trash.
- Description (A) - Descriptive text about the CPT (not to be confused with meta description).
- Title (A) - Page title for the CPT archive page template.
- Meta Title (A) - Meta title for the CPT archive page template (appears in the <head> section).
- Meta Description (A) - Meta description for the CPT archive page template (appears in the <head> section).