Create a Listing - Frontend (users)
To allow users to add listings please make sure WordPress user registration is enabled under:
Settings > General > Anyone can register
Users of the site will use the frontend page to add listings. The frontend page saves all information via AJAX after every change. This ensures no data is lost and if for some reason a user abandons the add listing process, their information will be right there when they return.
- Visit the front end add listing page. By default, this page is mysite.com/add-listing/ if you do not already have it in your main menu you can add it under the normal WordPress menu settings Appearance >Menus.
- Complete the required fields. If you installed dummy data it will have added fields specific to the data type selected. Custom fields can be added or edited under Places > Settings > Custom Fields.
Below we will go over the required fields only as custom fields can be specific to your data type.
- Title - Enter a title for the listing, it is used throughout the site.
- Description - Enter a description for the listing.
- Category - Select a category for your listing. Multiple categories can be set, if multiple are selected then a default can also be selected (Hotels is set as the default below). The default category can be used for the URL slug and determines the map icon used.
- Address - There are several convenient ways to set the address for a listing.
Doing one of the following will auto-set the correct info for all the address fields.
- Drag the map to the desired position.
- Drag the map marker to the desired position.
- Enter the address and then click Set Address on map. This will try to set the correct map position.
- Clicking the My Location icon in the street address field will work if you are currently at the location you wish to add.
The Location Manager extension is required to add listings outside of the default location
- Images - Although not a required field, there are some points to mention.
- The first image added will be used as the featured image.
- Image title and caption can be set for better SEO & accessibility performance.
- Images can be dragged and dropped to set the order required.
- If no image is set then many different types of fallback images can be set, these include; Site default image, CPT default image, Category default image or even a screenshot of a website URL can be auto-generated to show. (image output defaults are set in the page templates)
- Click Submit Listing - By default this will:
- Place the listing in "Pending Review" status.
- Email the admin that a listing needs to be reviewed.
- Email the user their listing has been submitted for approval.
- A separate user email is sent when the email is approved.